It is said that one of the most powerful experiences a Christian can have is to go on a mission trip, experience a different culture and work among the poor.
We at Dale Presbyterian Church invite your church to consider a Mission Trip to Dale, Indiana to work with our Summer Community Adventure Program.
Summer Community Adventure is a free program for children in the North Spencer area who are living in poverty or below poverty. The children are invited through the local school at the end of the school year. Usually 40-60 children, K-6th grade, attend. About 75% are Latino/Hispanic ESL (English as Second Language) students. All funding for this program comes from donors and foundations.
This program provides experiences–educational, religious, social, physical–for these children. The children meet at the Micah Center of Dale Presbyterian Church every Thursday in June from 12:00-3:30 where, besides having a wonderful program, are fed a meal and given a bag of non-perishable food to tide them through the week.
This year, we are excited to not only offer the afternoon program on Thursdays, but will be partnering with PYOCA to have an entire week of Summer Day Camp (9:00-3:30) for our students!
Our theme for the summer is POWERED BY LOVE. Our students will be memorizing 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7. Here is our schedule for this summer:
June 2: Orientation/2 hour Sexual Misconduct workshop for volunteers
June 9: Brain Powered by Love: Math skill taught through fun and games taught and led by Dr. Janet Tassel from Western Kentucky University and her education students
June 13-17: Faith Powered by Love: Summer Day Camp with the PYOCA counselors ALL-IN-ONE FEARLESS FAITH
June 23: Friendship Powered by Love: Boom Squad, an African-American Drum Team from Evansville, Indiana, share music, faith, self-discipline and teamwork
June 30: Creative Expression Powered by Love: Art and Movement featuring instruction from artists Corie Eckerle and Rosemary Chamberlain and physical education instructors from the school.
Why your church might want to consider a day or the week experience:
- Dale Presbyterian Church is within driving distance from every church in our presbytery
- This is a less expensive opportunity for people wanting a “missional” experience
- This is a cross cultural experience
- This gives an opportunity to put Christ’s love in action and share the good news of Jesus Christ with children
- This is an opportunity for anyone 16 to 150! Our building is fully accessible and the level of “work” can be tailored to any individual
- This work will change your life!
What Dale Presbyterian provides for you
- free lunch with Summer Community Adventure and supper at Community Table
- instruction and orientation
- housing/lodging can be a possibility
- a great experience!
- there is no cost to you or your team
We invite and would welcome your participation. Please contact Rev. Dr. Martha FrizLanger if you are interested or need more information by email or calling 812.937.2560.