Click the course titles for more info or to register.
Christian Educator Certification Course — Hybrid course style
- Course: Human Growth & Faith Development
- Dates: January 21 – February 21, 2019 (at home and online), with February 19 – 21, 2019, scheduled for on campus learning in Richmond
- Location: On campus portion at Union Presbyterian Seminary — Richmond campus
- Led by: Dr. Becky Davis, Associate Professor of Christian Education at Union Presbyterian Seminary
- Cost: $295, for both at home and on-campus learning
- Note: This hybrid course meets the requirements for Christian Educator certification in the PC(USA), but is open to anyone who would like to participate.
Online Courses: Pathways to Learning and Leadership
- Dates: Beginning January 2019 (check schedule below for specific course dates)
- Location: Wherever you and your computer go (internet connection required)
- Led by: Various faculty members and friends of Union Presbyterian Seminary
- Cost: $ 100 for each five-week course
- Note: These courses offer an excellent, affordable way to learn from and engage with theological and biblical scholars from the comfort of home (or wherever your computer may be), while interacting with fellow participants as well.
All courses are online and are tailor-made for church members, pastors, educators, those preparing to become Commissioned Ruling Elders/Commissioned Pastors, and anyone else who is interested in learning more. Here’s the winter and early spring line-up:
- January 3 – 31: Preaching the Bible – led by Dr. Richard Voelz, Assistant Professor of Preaching & Worship (Thursdays)
- January 8 – February 5: The Christian Life – led by Dr. Cindy Kissel-Ito, Associate Professor of Christian Education (Tuesdays)
- February 14 – March 14: Pastoral Care – led by Dr. Carol Schweitzer, Associate Professor of Pastoral Care (Thursdays)
- February 18 – March 18: Mission & Evangelism – led by Dr. John Vest, Visiting Assistant Professor of Evangelism (Mondays)
- Self-directed study available: New Testament Survey – led by Dr. John Carroll, Professor of New Testament (all web-based and paced by you)