The Synod of Lincoln Trails’ Ministerial Excellence Fund is pleased to offer a workshop presented by Lake Institute of Faith and Giving’s director, Dr. Bill Enright, and ably assisted by Rev. Anna Parkinson, and Rev. Bob Hunter at Irvington Presbyterian Church.
The workshop is 9:00am – 4:00pm on April 20th and April 21st.
Location: Irvington Presbyterian Church, 55 Johnson Ave, Indianapolis
By now you may have heard about the workshop, Creating a Congregational Culture of Generosity, or even attended a version of the workshop in the past. Because the information presented is based on the most current research compiled by The Center of Philanthropy at Indiana University, you will receive the most recent information available in the country.
This is a great workshop (since it is basically free and very practical) to bring you financial team, perhaps the church treasurer, and at least one session member. Your only expense is $30 for the materials.
People who take this seminar will:
- understand the landscape of religious giving based on the latest research;
- appreciate the theological significance of generosity;
- identify their own theological/religious tradition of generosity;
- understand the relationship between organizational accountability and generosity;
- process the idea that congregational finances are an arena for pastoral care;
- analyze their current congregational culture;
- design a working plan to implement cultural change to move towards greater generosity
Download the Application
Contact Ann Bingaman, MEF co-director, (phone: 765-883-8529) for more information.
The application deadline is April 13, 2012.