UPDATE! — The registration deadline for the Festival Choir of Praise has been extended to June 4th.
Westminster Presbyterian Church in Washington, Indiana is hosting a choir workshop on the campus of Vincennes University under the direction of renown composer, conductor, concert artist, and humorist Pepper Choplin on June 24-25, 2023.
The Festival Choir of Praise (FCP) is open to all adults and students ages 12 and over. This two-day event will consist of a rehearsal on Saturday and a performance on Sunday in the beautiful Red Skelton Performing Arts Center. Thanks to a generous gift from the Center for Congregations, the cost of registration is only $20 with an Early Bird discounted half price registration fee of $10.
Included with your registration you will receive music for 12 anthems, lunch on Saturday, a post-concert reception, participant gift, as well as the experience of working with Maestro Pepper Choplin and performing in RSPAC. The entire package is valued at $200 and is limited to the first 160 applicants.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Saturday, June 24, 2023
- 9:15 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. Check in. Receive packet with music and folder, seating assignment, lunch ticket, and participant gift.
- 10:00 a.m. Rehearsal with Maestro Pepper Choplin.
- 12:00 p.m. Box lunch provided.
- 1:00 p.m. Rehearsal with Pepper.
- 3:00 p.m. Travel home or visit historical sites in Vincennes.
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner for all choir directors and accompanists with Pepper Choplin.
Sunday, June 25, 2023
- 12:30 p.m. Doors open at RSPAC for performers.
- 1:00 p.m. Dress rehearsal on stage.
- 2:30 p.m. Doors open to the theater for the audience.
- 3:00 p.m. Festival Choir of Praise in concert with Pepper Choplin.
- 4:00 p.m. Post-concert reception at RSPAC.
TO REGISTER: https://festivalchoirofpraise.rsvpify.com/
- Or, download, fill out, and mail a paper registration form.
You will receive more information about the festival weekend after you register. If you have any questions before you register, please contact Joyce Kim-Rohrer at firstname.lastname@example.org