IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR YOUTH AND CHRISTIAN EDUCATION DIRECTORS
Northminster Presbyterian Church (USA), an Equal Opportunity Employer, in Indianapolis, IN, seeks leadership for its Youth and Christian Education programs. We desire strong initiative, creativity, and enthusiasm to implement programs for children, youth, young adults, and families of all forms in partnership with church leadership.
Responsibilities include: leading the children and youth of the congregation throughout their faith journey, building a foundation and creating a faith community. We anticipate two 20 hour positions, but are open to considering other staffing arrangements.
The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate the Christian faith with our children (babies to 5th grade) and youth (6th – 12th grade) in a way that fosters spiritual growth and service to the community consistent with Northminster’s reformed tradition.
Subject to the direction of the Head Pastor, and in collaboration with the rest of the church staff and leadership, the Director of Youth Services and/or Director of Christian Education will be responsible for the development and implementation of the vision, strategy, and day-to-day elements for all aspects of the youth and/or Christian Education programs at Northminster.
To be considered, please submit a resume or Personal Information Form (PIF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to filling the position(s) promptly.
“Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you will be filled.” Luke 6:21
Presbyterian youth are leading the way to help feed the hungry
- Since Presbyterian youth in Columbia, SC started locally the Souper Bowl of Caring in 1989, youth from all over the country have raised over $80 million for food banks, soup kitchens, and food pantries.
- The Souper Bowl of Caring has become a national movement uniting congregations, schools, community organizations, corporations, and compassionate individuals in the fight against hunger.
- Last year 2,153 Indiana youth collected $154,373. Indiana Presbyterians were the largest group, with 40 congregations participating.
- As Indianapolis hosts “the Big Game” on February 5, 2012, we want to make this the largest food mission outreach in our history. One in four children is hungry in Marion County, and one in six children suffers food deprivation across Indiana. As Indiana is in the spotlight, we can use the energy and pride of hosting the game in order to share God’s Love with those in need.
Our goal is to raise $300,000 for Indiana, and with your congregation’s help we can do it! Encourage your church’s youth group to:
1. Register online at www.tacklehunger.org to receive free materials.
2. Collect donations between Jan 15 and Feb. 5 (the day of “the Big Game”)
3. Come to the Service Blitz Rally, Sat. Feb 4th at Arsenal Tech High School in Indy, followed by a morning of volunteer work at Westminster Neighborhood Ministries.
4. Report their results on the website to be included in the national total.
5. Donate 100% of the collection to the hunger charity of their choice.
Contact Carolyn Dederer, Indiana Field Director, Souper Bowl of Caring (317) 372-5122, email@example.com
PC(USA) Big Tent Will Be in Indianapolis June 30 – July 2, 2011
Plans Proceed for Denominational Gathering
At the first Big Tent, held in Atlanta in June 2009, 10 conferences of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) met concurrently, allowing participants to attend workshops and meet people from different areas of the denomination. The 2011 event, held June 30-July 2 in Indianapolis, will do the same.
“You won’t get a chance to see as many parts of the church in one place as you will at Big Tent,” said Kerry Rice, manager of the General Assembly meeting service. Groups to be included in the 2011 event:
- World Mission’s Mission Celebration
- The Clergy Women’s Leadership Institute, hosted by Racial Ethnic and Women’s Ministries/Presbyterian Women
- The National Black Presbyterian Caucus, part of the Racial Ethnic and Immigrants Convocation
- Healthy Ministries Conference
- Presbyterian Communicators Network Conference
- National Multicultural Church Conference
- Evangelism and Church Growth
- National Elders Conference
- Peacemaking Conference
- Racial Ethnic and Immigrants Convocation
Read the entire article on the PC(USA) website.