What’s happening at the Leadership Institute this spring?
A lot! And now is a great time to register for one or more of these offerings:
- March 11 Render Unto Caesar (clergy taxes and terms of call) – Richmond campus. There is no cost for this workshop; lunch is available for $12.
- April 11-14 Stewardship: In an era when there isn’t enough, how do we teach/preach generosity? Richmond campus. Led by Laura and Chuck Mendenhall. $250 ($195 for those who register by March 4).
- April 19-21 The PC(USA) Today and Tomorrow – Richmond campus. Led by Heath Rada, General Assembly Moderator, and Mark Ramsey, pastor in Austin, TX. $195 ($150 for those who register by March 11).
- April 26-28 Welcoming the Stranger: Hospitality in the Small Church – Richmond campus. Led by Marilyn Johns. $130 ($95 for those who register by March 18).
- May 17-19 Not by Bread Alone: Faith and the politics of food – Richmond campus. Led by UPSem faculty Dawn DeVries, Paul Galbreath, and Christine Luckritz Marquis. $195 ($150 for those who register by April 8).
Certification Courses – please note that all certification courses are also open to those not seeking certification:
- April 5-7 Biblical Interpretation (Christian Educator Certification) – Richmond campus. Led by Carson Brisson. This is a hybrid course – 18 hours of work will be completed at home, beginning on March 7. The other 12 hours will be in-class. $295.
- April 7 and 21 Human Resources Issues (Church Business Administration Certification) – Charlotte campus. This is a two-day course. April 7 will deal with the legal aspects of human resources, and April 21 will be for personnel and relational aspects of HR. For certification the two sessions must both be taken. $170 for the two-day seminar, $275 for all four spring seminars.
- May 5 Communications Issues (Church Business Administration Certification) – Charlotte campus. Led by Ken Garfield. $85 for this seminar, $275 for all four spring seminars.
- May 19 Strategic Planning Issues (Church Business Administration Certification) – Charlotte campus. Led by Ken McFayden. $85 for this seminar, $275 for all four spring seminars.
- March 14 The Dawe Lecture: A Global Covenant of Religion? Richmond campus, 7:30 – 9 p.m. Presented by Peter Ochs. There is no charge or registration for this lecture.
- April 18 The Howie Lectures: The Common Ground of Wonder: How a Biblical Scholar Works with Scientists. Richmond campus. Presented by William P. Brown. There will be a seminar and conversation with a free lunch from 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. on the topic, “From Ardi to Adam: How Anthropology Rewrites Genesis.” Registration is required for those who want lunch. The evening lecture, “From Ash Heap to Asteroids: How Astrobiology Rewrites Job,” will take place from 7:30 – 9 p.m. and does not require registration.
Both of these evening lectures will be live streamed at http://ustre.am/TMqS
For more information, go to www.upsem.edu/leadership_institute.