The Office of Collegiate Ministries is revising and updating the PCUSA Collegiate Ministry Locator. Pastors, educators, parents, and prospective students will be able to use this Locator to easily find and be in touch with a collegiate ministry near their college or university.
If you already have an established campus ministry, you will want to have it listed on the Campus Ministry Locator which is maintained by PACHEM.
In order to have your ministry listed on the PCUSA Campus Ministry Locator the following criteria must be met:
I. The ministry shows a welcoming presence and an active ministry specifically for college students.
- Has a web site with directions and basic ministry information.
- Demonstrates a public college ministry on the web site by
- Specifically mentioning college students or campus ministry.
- Having a name and contact person for college ministry (staff, lay person, student leader).
- Showing evidence of at least one program for college students.
II. The ministry is accountable to some entity / council of the PCUSA [session, presbytery, synod. There may be multiple lines of accountability, such as an ecumenical ministry, but one of the lines must be an entity of the PCUSA.]
III. The ministry has procedures in place for annual review of the Locator information.
Once these criteria have been met, then you can register your ministry by becoming a Ministry Member of PACHEM. Once approved, you will be ready to tailor your Locator information and to participate in the resource sharing of the PACHEM community.
For questions about PACHEM, email us email@example.com or call Adrian McMullen, Associate for Collegiate Ministries, PC(USA) at (800) 728-7228, x5639.