About the Grant:
The background of this partnering opportunity is the story of the Monroe City New Covenant Presbyterian Church. Many churches shrink and ultimately cease to exist. The Monroe City church defied the norms in a powerful way. Rather than sacrifice mission in order to maintain existence, the church at Monroe City dedicated itself to mission and let loose of survival concerns. In so doing, the church was reborn as a community ministry, "The Lord's Warehouse." Monies from that former congregation are available to other congregations in our presbytery who serve or seek to serve their communities in the spirit of New Covenant.
Some criteria for partnership requests:
- The maximum grant will be $7,500 and no more than 50% of the total cost.
- There is no minimum grant request. If a congregation only needs a smaller amount, ask.
- Sustainable ministry or moving toward sustainability is a value.
- Costs for personnel or construction are not ordinarily approved, but may be under certain circumstances. Please consult Susan McGhee.
- New ideas will be seen as positive in evaluation.
Please complete this online form and click the submit button. If you have any technical questions about the form's operation, call Rhonda Seymour, Monday – Thursday between 9am and 2pm Eastern time at 866-344-7853, or email her at email@example.com.
Please address other questions regarding the grant itself to Susan McGhee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please answer the following:
Resources the church will/has dedicated to this ministry:
Maximum upload size: 516MB
Acceptable file types include PDF, Word, Excel, jpg, and png.
Church participation in the life of the Presbytery:
If this grant is approved, indicate the preferred method of receipt:
Best Current Address to mail the check:
To set up the Direct Deposit, we will call you to ask for the following information:
- Name of bank
- Bank routing number
- Bank account name
- Bank account number
Whom shall we call for this information?