Union Presbyterian Seminary’s Leadership Institute offers seminars in Church Business Administration. Whether you plan to pursue certification as a Church Administrator through our partnership with The Church Network, or you are already certified and need to take some classes for retention, or you just want to take a few seminars to see how to better serve in the administrative functions of your congregation, you are welcome to join us!
The program consists of eight seminars in
- Financial management (2 seminars)
- Human resources management (2 seminars)
- Legal and tax issues
- Facilities and property management
- Strategic planning
Take all eight core classes toward certification, or take four, or just take one or two that interest you.
In addition, for those seeking certification (or not), we will offer a separate day for the four required CEU classes:
- IT Basics
- IT Trends
- Theology and Ethics of Church Administration
- Self-Care for Church Administrators.
We are excited this year to have a great lineup of seminar leaders, including nationally known lawyer/CPA team Frank and Elaine Sommerville, on both our Richmond and Charlotte campuses. Seminars in Richmond will be offered July 24 – August 2, 2018. In Charlotte, the seminars are offered on Thursdays throughout the year, with four in the fall of 2018 and four in the spring of 2019, and an additional day in the spring for the CEU seminars. Costs for the seminars are $100 per day, OR $335 for four days, OR $670 for all eight. The CEU seminars are $25 each, or $100 for all four. A hearty lunch is included each day.
Visit our web pages for more information on the schedule and how to register:
- For Church Business Administration in Richmond, click HERE.
- For Church Business Administration in Charlotte, click HERE.
- For more information about the certification process, visit The church Network HERE, or contact Marilyn Johns at email@example.com with any questions.
Marilyn Johns, D.Min.
Director of Program Development
The Leadership Institute
Union Presbyterian Seminary