This is a two-day training, focused on setting up a 3 B Program for churches.
Updated 8/26/2019 – The Deadline to register for this event is 9/14/2019.
Sponsored by Smock Senior Ministries, the 3 B program’s vision is to enhance the lives of senior adults through education and physical movements focused on enriching their Body, Brain, and spiritual Beliefs as they embrace the full life God intends for each–individually and in healthy congregations.
- October 4, 10:00am-7:00pm
- October 5th, 9:00am-3:30pm
Where: The Mitchell Presbyterian Church (Hwy 60 East, Mitchell, IN)
Smock Ministries will pay for Friday overnight lodging, meals and the program materials. You do not need to be a senior to attend this training!
At the conclusion of the training, instructors will have complete lesson plans and all needed resources for 12 weeks of class on a flash drive, a DVD with 150+ exercises, a supply source list of needed equipment, and ideas for implementing the 3B programs in their congregation.
The program consists of:
- 12 weeks of class meeting for an hour, 3 times/week
- Focusing on building flexibility, strength, and balance
- Challenges to increase memory and problem solving skills as new brain cells grow
- Time to recall beloved scripture with devotionals and “scripture in motion”
- Much laughter
- A great outreach to the local church and community
To register, download and print this form, then mail it to the address below.
Lodging arrangements may be made at Spring Mill State Park Inn (812-849-4508) or at the Bedford hotels: Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inn or Super 8.
For more information, contact:
Smock Senior Ministries
Rev. William Haworth
300 W. Wayne Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
260-426-7421, ext. 131
3 B program for seniors created by Angie Briner, M.S.Ed. and Rev. Sue Babovec