Joining God’s Good Work in Our Communities: The Presbytery of Ohio Valley assembles to celebrate what we’re doing already and explore what we might yet do.
God is up to something! All around the world, and right around the corner, God is up to something. And the good news is that we are a part of it! The congregations of the Presbytery of Ohio Valley make a difference as we bear witness, in word and in deed, to God’s sovereign activity in the world.
The Congregational Mission and Vitality Committee and the Evangelism and Congregational Witness Committee invite you to a different kind of Presbytery Assembly. Regular business will be kept to a bare minimum, as our primary business of the day will be to celebrate what we’re already doing in our communities and to explore what we might yet do. Consider bringing an additional member or two from your congregation for this special day.
- Gather for worship and proclamation, hearing a few new stories of congregations who are joining God’s good work.
- Engage with one another (using “World Café” conversations) to generate new ideas.
- Be led in song by the gospel band “Living By Faith” (in which our moderator Zack Ellison plays). And those who play an instrument are welcome to bring it and join in a pick-up band for the closing worship.
- Feast on fellowship with one another, as well as grilled cookout fare (hamburgers and hot dogs with vegetarian and gluten-free options available).
- Receive a small gift to help us make a joyful noise.
The Assembly will take place at 10:00am (9:00am Central) on Saturday, 6/4/2016 at the Mitchell Presbyterian Church, with registration starting an hour earlier.
The packet, driving directions, and the minutes from the April meeting will be available for download from the assembly web page after 4:00pm on May 26th.
Online Pre-registration for the Assembly is available now.