Travel to Bethlehem and stay at the Guesthouse of the International Center of Bethlehem October 21 – 30, 2014
- Tue Oct 21: Depart USA Overnight flight to Tel Aviv.
- Wed Oct 22: (TelAviv/Bethlehem) Upon arrival in Tel Aviv, meet your guide and transfer to Lutheran Guesthouse at the International Center of Bethlehem (ICB)All overnights will be at the Guesthouse.(meals in flight,D)
- Thur Oct 23: (Bethlehem) Visit Dar al-Kalima Academy and Health and Wellness Center, an outgrowth of ICB, for the health and development of Bethlehem-area people, Christians and Muslims alike. Visit Deheishe Refugee Camp and Shepherds? Field. (B,D)
- Fri Oct 24: (Jerusalem/ Bethlehem) Green Oive Tours will take you to a settlement and the Separation Wall, helping in understanding the impact of this action. Savor the Mt. of Olives, the Garden of Gesemane, the church of all Nations. Dinner and overnight in Bethlehem.(B,D)
- Sat Oct 25: (Galilee/ Bethlehem) Travel to Galilee and enjoy a boatride on the Sea of Galilee. Visit the ancient Synagogue and St. Peter?s house at Capernaum. Stop at the Jordan River enroute back to Bethlehem.(B,D)
- Sun Oct 26: (Bethlehem) Start the day with worship (in Arabic) at Christmas Lutheran Church, and join Rev.Dr. Mitri Raheb and the congregation for fellowship following the service. Walking tour of Bethlehem and Church of the Nativity, built over the cave-stable where tradition says Jesus was born. (B,D)
- Mon Oct 27: (Jerusalem/Bethlehem) Tour the Old City, starting at the Western Wall; followed by the Temple Mount and the Golden Dome of the Rock. Walk the Via Dolorosa to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Visit the Garden Tomb. Enjoy free time. Return to Bethlehem (B,D)
- Tues Oct 28: (Bethlehem) A volunteer work project at Dar al Kalima Academy or College. (B,D)
- Wed Oct 29: (Bethlehem) The day is for your leisure in exploring Bethlehem and the work of the International Center of Bethlehem. No guide or motorcoach today. Farewell dinner at the Guesthouse B,D)
- Thur Oct 30: Return to USA Early morning transfer for flight to USA. (B,Meals in-flight)
code: B-breakfast D-dinner
- Travel dates October 21-30, 2014
- Trip cost includes airfare from Indianapolis (other cities available), luggage handling, housing, meals, transfers, guides $3499.00
- The Partnership of the Presbytery of Ohio Valley (POV) and the International Center of Bethlehem (ICB) includes travel opportunities.
- Local Host: Brad Napier, Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-528-0977 Full Brochure available from email@example.com
- Trip arrangements are with Group Travel Directors- Kate Peer
- Sign up today Group G#141006 800-747-2255 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Presbytery of Ohio Valley(POV) Partnership with the International Center of Bethlehem (ICB) has been a work of the POV since August 2006. The Partnership provides scholarship dollars for students, funds for Dar al-Kalima College, used hearing aids to serve the 3000 audiology patients seen annually at the ICB Health and Wellness Center, travel and education, daily prayer and support for the Churches for Middle East Peace. The ICB is committed to education, health care,intercultural dialog and promoting the building of civil
society. The work is directed by Rev. Dr. Mitri Raheb.
Individuals, 12 congregations two foundations and the Presbytery have given dollars and have sent 10 shipments of used hearing aids for the ICB Health and Wellness Center. The POV has hosted three staff members of the ICB and made 92 formal presentations. Travel to Bethlehem and see this partnership at work. The place where Jesus was born blesses the world today.
This partnership is a work of Peacemaking. The ICB is an Extra Commitment Opportunity (ECO) of the Presbyterian Church USA. What a gift, when we hear news of Israel/Palestine, to know the good work being done and that we are part of that work. As Rev. Dr. Mitri Raheb says, “We are not called to be spectators, but actors in shaping a new identity that
includes all peoples in this land and in God’s lands.”